Below are some positions for which we are generally open to hiring. If you see a position that interests you, or you don't see a specific position, but feel our company would be a good fit for your skills and interests, please read our instructions on how to apply for one of these positions or how to be considered for employment in general.
Sales & Sales-Related Positions
Cambridge Computer is a recognized leader in the implementation of storage management and backup systems. We have enormous growth potential and are in the process of aggressively expanding our geographic reach. Cambridge Computer has great products, unique professional services, and lucrative opportunities for competent, motivated salespeople.
Technical Sales Consultant
We are always looking for experienced technical sales consultants who can create opportunities and close storage, backup, and SAN solution sales that include hardware, software, and services to corporate end users.
Our sales process is highly consultative and focused on educating customers about technology solutions that will help them meet their business objectives. We are looking for individuals who are excellent account managers, who enjoy technology, and who are good at both opening and closing sales opportunities.
Candidates should be comfortable making presentations of technical solutions to corporate end users and writing detailed, professional proposals.
Solutions Architect/Technical Sales Engineer
This is a position for candidates who can design storage, SAN, and backup solutions including hardware, software, and professional services. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and vetting the technical architecture
- Selecting appropriate products and technologies
- Making technical presentations to corporate clients, from technical system administrators and MIS managers to non-technical business and CXO level management
- Writing detailed proposals and statements of work
Cambridge Computer is a national leader in enterprise storage and backup technologies and is hiring versatile consultants interested in training, consulting, and integration. We are very interested in hearing from individuals with specific experience in storage and fault tolerance technologies. However, we have the finest training facilities in the country and can train technically savvy recruits.
Our technical positions are designed for individuals interested in developing exceptional expertise in storage and backup technologies. The nature of our work is to deliver that expertise where it is needed throughout the US and the world. This gives our technical staff significant exposure to a wide variety of organizations and technology environments. Thus, all of our technical positions involve significant travel.
We specifically look for individuals with exceptional communication and/or teaching skills because many of our projects include technical training and knowledge transfer.
This position is generally appropriate for a person with at least two years of field or professional IT experience and familiarity with Unix, Windows, NetWare, and desktop operating systems. We assume a basic understanding of PC hardware and network integration. Responsibilities include installation and troubleshooting of storage and backup systems and providing technical support to corporate clients.
Technical consultants should:
- Have experience with some of the integration of the leading application servers, such as MS Exchange, SQL Server, Oracle, and Lotus Notes
- Be comfortable working on some of the major Unix platforms such as Solaris, HP/UX, and/or AIX
- And have experience troubleshooting server room hardware such as RAID systems, routers, and switches
Senior Technical Consultant
In addition to the skills outlined above in the technical consultant role, this position assumes the applicant:
- Has at least four years of relevant experience
- Is comfortable with a wider suite of technologies, including most major flavors of Unix, RISC Unix, and SAN hardware
- Ideally, has experience with older equipment and OS versions
Applicants for Senior Technical Consultant should be comfortable with the basic configuration of the major database servers, such as Oracle, Sybase, and/or Informix. Technical project management is a plus.